GYNALAC: A Non-Antibiotic Approach to both Treat and Prevent Bacterial Vaginosis
- Reduces Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis as determined by the Whiff Test
- Restores Vaginal Flora via vaginal acidification to its normal physiological level, leading to:
- Reduction in pathogenic bacteria
- Increase of endogenous protective Lactobacilli
- Disappearance of clue cells
- Clinically proven to be as effective at relieving abnormal vaginal discharge and odor as a course of antibiotics (metronizadole)
- Offers synergistic efficacy when combined with antibiotics (metronidazole)
- Clinically proven in prophylaxis to restore normal vaginal pH & microflora, and help prevent recurrence of Bacterial Vaginosis
- Preferable alternative to repeated treatment with antibiotics in patients with recurrent BV
- Safe to use during pregnancy
GYNALAC, has been chosen to be part of the new "Brand Recognition Program" recently introduced by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC).
The SOGC Brand Recognition Program aims to assist Canadian consumers to make informed choices when selecting over-the-counter products. This program is designed for non-prescription/over-the-counter products that are found to safely and effectively promote female sexual and reproductive health.
Eligible products are required to have:
- Received Health Canada approval for sale in the Canadian market;
- Demonstrated reasonable evidence of safety and efficacy, and pose no undue harm;
- Substantiated packaging claims and a perceived low risk.
Products are independently and carefully reviewed by a panel of medical professionals.
Clinical Studies: Learn more about the clinical studies supporting GYNALAC®’s efficacy.
Medical Risks: Bacterial Vaginosis is serious and more than just a minor inconvenience. Click here to learn more!
Antibiotics & Lactobacillus: Click here to learn more about the Implications of Using Antibiotics for Bacterial Vaginosis Treatment and Prophylaxis.
Downloads & Samples: Download information or request samples of GYNALAC® for your patients.