As many as 70% of women who have been treated for Bacterial Vaginosis experience recurrences within 90 days of treatment. Maintaining a balanced vaginal ecosystem is essential to prevent recurring infections.
You can use GYNALAC, even if you do not have a current infection, to maintain a healthy balance. Simply apply one dose (3 mL) of GYNALAC daily for 3 consecutive days at the end of your menstrual cycle for a minimum of 6 months.
Other tips to help lower your risk of developing Bacterial Vaginosis include:
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and a balanced diet.
- If your doctor prescribes antibiotics, even for an unrelated condition, use GYNALAC, immediately after completing your course of antibiotics, to help maintain a natural and healthy vaginal balance.
- Keep vaginal area clean and dry.
- Avoid using perfumed intimate products (soaps, vaginal deodorants, etc.) as these irritate the vagina and disrupt the natural and healthy vaginal balance.
- Avoid excessive washing (or douching) of the vagina: this may remove healthy bacteria lining the vagina.
- Use a condom if you notice that sexual intercourse promotes symptoms. Semen is alkaline and can alter the natural pH of the vagina and predispose you to developing Bacterial Vaginosis.