Maintaining a balanced vaginal ecosystem is essential in preventing recurring infections. You can use GYNALAC even if you do not have a current infection, to maintain a healthy balance. We recommend you apply one dose (3 mL) of GYNALAC daily for 3 consecutive days at the end of your menstrual cycle.
Other tips to help prevent recurrence include:
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and a balanced diet.
- If your doctor prescribes antibiotics, even for an unrelated condition, use GYNALAC, immediately after completing your course of antibiotics to help maintain a natural and healthy vaginal balance.
- Keep genital area clean and dry.
- Avoid using perfumed intimate products (soaps, vaginal deodorants, etc.) as these can disrupt the natural and healthy vaginal balance.
- Avoid excessive washing (or douching) of the vagina, as this may strip away the healthy bacteria lining the vagina that prevent the unfriendly bacteria from over growing.